Fat Clothes. Skinny Clothes.

Clothes that hide the flabby skin and clothes that let your boobs be accessed.

Talk about an awkward phase.

I am only 5 kilograms above my pre pregnancy weight and considering Nora is only 4 months old I'm (mostly) ok with that.  Who knows how much I got up to at the end.  I told them not to tell me when I was being weighed.  As long as they said it was within the acceptable range I was happy.  Well, content.

The bottom half is easier to dress than the top half.  Especially when you own the same pair of jeans in 2 sizes so you can dress according to your comfort level on any given day.  Giving up the maternity jeans is a bit harder but when your husband and a dear, honest friend both tell you they're too big and saggy - it's time to let them go.   No one wants a saggy butt.

The top half is a little more interesting to dress.  I've spent most of the last 30 years making sure 'the girls' were adequately covered.  Now I'm assessing my wardrobe for how easily they can be uncovered.  And considering the cool weather this has been interesting.  I made my own maternity singlets to keep warm and my belly covered. I've stretched a few t-shirts beyond reason and most days I can be seen in a loose top/jumper.  Saggy butt = not ok.  Saggy tops = essential.

Finding a balance between comfort and feeling 'nice' has been a big part of helping me to feel like I'm on top of things.  But the most important thing is that I'm reminding myself to be kind, forgiving and gracious of this body that gave gave me my hearts desire.  It stretched and grew and reformed because it was creating, growing and nurturing my Blessing.

The changes and challenges are more than worth it.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, Rachel, I really enjoyed this post. Saggy butts are definitely not a good look. Thanks for sharing. .. made my coffee break all the more enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this line: "But the most important thing is that I'm reminding myself to be kind, forgiving and gracious of this body that gave gave me my hearts desire. It stretched and grew and reformed because it was creating, growing and nurturing my Blessing."

    Am going back to work in 2 wks (my baby will be 2months old by then) and am dreading not fitting into my work clothes... But then I look at my little boy and I feel, I've got a lot more in return for this weird-shapen body am currently with.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message. It's nice to know you were here!