What to say?

Sometime in the next two weeks I have to write my resignation. I've never had to write a resignation before and I'm not really sure what to say. I've always been on contract positions that come to a natural, peaceful end - this is strange.

I've known for the last three years that this would be my last year. At least I figured that when Joel is assigned a congregation after graduation he'll want me to come with him - he gets a bit lonely without me (not to mention I get pretty mopey when he's not around!). There have certainly been times in the last three years that I was ready to walk out and never come back. But now that the time has come to make it official, put it down on paper and hand it in -I'm feeling some reluctance. Not that my reluctance really matters as I'm not coming back on way or the other but still - I seem to be putting it off.

The other odd thing about it is that I want to hand my resignation in person to the principal - who is new this term and whom I haven't actually even had a conversation with yet! Can you imagine that:

"Hi, You must be the youth worker? How are you?"
"Yep, that's me. I'm good. You must be the new principal. How's that working out for you? Oh, and I Quit."

You see the problem here?

What would you do?

2 comments:

  1. Make the principal some of those chocolate balls... everyone likes bad news if they're stuffing their face with chocolate!

    P.S. This is a subtle hint that I'm still stalking you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rach,
    good to hear from you! I am
    heading to Melbourne on Sunday,
    will get new up to date photos
    and post them when I get back.
    Caitlin is 4 weeks old now!!
    love you, Lyn xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message. It's nice to know you were here!