Greater than what I tell myself
















Zaylia Bethany : September 2008 : Nikon D60


I had this idea for a painting.  It was amazing in my head.  So perfect for what I wanted it for.   I convinced myself it would be too hard though and came up with a simple design as alternative.  I started it tonight.  I did the background then some more building up...  Quite frankly - it was rubbish.

And so I have reminded that myself, as all artists need to do at times, that I am more talented than I allow myself to think I am.  I am more capable than I give myself credit for.  And I'm actually even more patient than I tell myself I am.

I'm going to do it.  The first idea I had is going onto canvas over the next week or so.  It will be my motivation to get better quickly after thursdays dental surgery.  It will be reason for rushing home after school and it will be my joy to see it develop has I had hoped.  Already, in a few short strokes of an outline, I feel so much better about.  Stay tuned for updates and a viewing of the final product!

What does Zaylia have to do with this?  Nothing.  I just couldn't resist sharing this photo I took last week. Isn't she adorable?!  I got to spend the morning with her again today - what a joy!  Thanks Mara for letting me practice my skills on your beautiful girl!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Rach! It's a canon 3000(I think) film camera. I sepia toned the print by hand. It's my favourite so far.
    Can't wait to see your painting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message. It's nice to know you were here!