When I was in year 8 my music teacher showed us the massive hole in her leg where a melanoma was cut out. She had pale, freckley skin like mine. I honestly can't remember her name but I remember the room we were in, the carpet we were sitting on and the way the sun came in the window. And I remember the hole in her leg.
Since then I have been burnt to a crisp a number of times. I have been so burnt I've needed pain killers to lie down. And every time I get mad at myself for not remembering the hole in the leg of my music teacher.
Over the past few year as I have become more conscious I have been burnt far less and a sense of achievement and satisfaction that I can indeed take good care of my skin as caused me to be ever more vigilant.
But I hate the feeling of greasy, stinky, sticky sun-cream and every time I put it on I cringe at the unpleasant necessity of it. So I went on a hunt for the best daily moisturiser with SPF 30+ and the best SPF 30+ sun cream I could find.
This is what I've hit on and am completely loving:
- non greasy - major points
- soft smell of moisturiser - not sun cream!
- lockable bottle for travelling
- SPF 30+
- Reasonable price (approximately $15 AUS)
- fantastic and totally wearable everyday
- non greasy
- non sticky
- creamy & easy to rub in completely
- soft, pleasant smell that fades
- moisturiser's and vitamin E
- SPF 30+
- Reasonable price (approximately $14 AUS)
- Tight lid!! (how many times have you got to your destination only to discover that everything in your bag ins 'sun safe'?!!
- Completely wearable in situations where you don't want to smell like the beach
I am not a creature of discipline. A product has to be great for me to use it daily and for me to take the time to use it at all. These are products I love and will be armour all spring, summer, autumn and winter.
Don't get burnt!